Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's Autumn time, It's Autumn time

I love Autumn time! The leaves changing to bright yellow, orange, and red. The yummy smells of pumpkin, apple and spice. The long awaited cooler weather (though I don't like knowing that COLDER weather is just around the corner. We have had such a pleasant fall so far, highs in the 60's-70's is perfect!


This pumpkin was HUGE! And I love this tower of pumpkins too!

Here in Omaha everyone rants and raves about one particular pumpkin patch, Vala's. Growing up, going to the "Pumpkin Patch" was finding a pumpkin stand on the side of the road and walking through rows of neatly lined or stacked pumpkins....not going to an actual farm where they are grown. We didn't make it to the famous Vala's last year, but I was determined to get there this year. It was a little...(okay, very) expensive, but it was a nice afternoon out with the fam. I think it would have been a little more fun if we didn't have such a young baby with us, and if the boys weren't scared of every little thing having to do with Halloween. I went to take the first pictures of our little outing and realized that our BRAND NEW camera battery was dead already. darn. So, we had to rely on our cell phone camera. So, sorry for the bad quality pictures you are about to see.

We first went on the hay rack ride out to the pumpkin patch. The boys could care less about getting off and picking out their own pumpkin (thank goodness- they charge a pretty penny for them) Tyler just kept asking when it would be over.

Enjoying some S'mores around a campfire...I LOVE the smell and warmth of campfires, so cozy. A fun pony ride on "Chester"
Tyler milking a pretend cow...the udders were rubber, and as you can tell by his hesitance, felt pretty realistic.

No comments: