Tuesday, December 14, 2010

November Catch-Up Part I

The first weekend in November we ventured down to Denver, just to get out of town for the weekend. Our wonderful friends, the Ellis family, were so nice to let us stay with them. They used to live here in Omaha, but moved to Denver this past summer. (Their daughter was also our babysitter).
It was really nice to take a break from the Midwest and hop over to the beautiful mountains. Oh how I love and miss having a view of such picturesque mountains! Their house had the perfect view too! The boys had so much fun being entertained by Carlee and Sarah, and playing with all their fun toys in the basement. Jack and I enjoyed having a break from playing with the boys! While there we went to a fun museum, stopped by the Castle Rock outlets, Deseret Book store, and of course we couldn't go there without eating at (the oh so wonderful) Costa Vida. Bro. Ellis took the boys on a ride on the 3-wheeler, they thought it was pretty cool!


The area they live in has a lot of land and we were able to spot MANY deer, it was pretty neat!

While on our visit we spent a few hours at the Wildlife Experience Museum with some of the Eillis's....way AWESOME place! The kids loved and I have to say Jack and I did too! This museum gives you "An indoor view, of outdoor life." You walk through the museum and it takes you through all the different kind of habitats around the world. In each habitat it has real taxidermy animals from the habitat, as well as some wax statues of people "talking" and moving, teaching you about everything- they look so real! They had a little kids room where they have hand puppets, books, couches, costumes, all sorts of things for them to freely play with. In this picture all the kids are
putting on a puppet show for us. Funny enough, Jack also ran into a girl from his Freshman ward at BYU....being LDS really makes the world feel a LOT smaller.

I have no idea what he was doing here, but it was pretty cute so I thought I'd include it!


The weather was so nice while we were there. We were in Denver the exact same weekend last year and it was snowing then.


We had a lot of fun on our visit and hope to be able to go back soon!


YIPEE! We got an Elliptical machine, some weights, and some mats....we are slowly on our way to having a home Gym :)
We can't get enough of this cute little girl! This is her at little over 3 months old, she's getting so big!

Early in November we enjoyed some un-seasonably warm temperatures, it was wonderful to let the boys play outside just a bit longer.

And then...BAM! It was cold. Isn't she so cute all bundled up?!

No comments: