Monday, December 13, 2010

November Catch Up...

Part II


Jacob, Jackson and Tyler were watching our neighbor fly his model airplane, I couldn't resist such a cute picture!
Little Miss Amari and Katy

The boys and our neighbors, Amari and Ava, gave a band concert for me and Katy

Go Cougars!
Thanksgiving 2010!
We shared Thanksgiving with Jack's family this year. His parents flew in that afternoon and we all had dinne at our house.
Katy and Clara enjoying some tummy time together Thanksgiving dinner!
We had a very basic...but very yummy menu this year- Turkey breast, garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, yams, stuffing, (deviled eggs....which I forgot about until everyone was leaving), Lion House rolls (note to self- please work on your bread making skills), homemade cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and oh so delectable pumpkin cake (Bekah, what is the real name of that cake?)Thanksgiving was also Evan's birthday, so we suprised him with some Birthday cupcakes....there was not a shortage of desserts.
Our yearly tradition of decorating the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.

Tyler said "Look mommy, I'm dressed fancy!"
Snow!
Total time gearing up: 30+ minutes
Total time outside: 6 minutes.

I finally decided to stop being a snow scrooge and let the boys play out in the snow, it was not TOO cold and there was only a couple inches of snow. I didn't have a chance to get new snow boots for Tyler (hence the reason he is in rain boots....they did not do a great job as a substitute), since he grew out of his other ones. Since then we have filled the need of snow boots and snow pants...bring on winter!
As soon as I got them geared up (which took at least 30 minutes) and let them out side Tyler started running back and forth and throwing himself to the ground, as if jumping into a giant pile of snow (remember it was only 2"). I'm not sure why, but he seemed to be having fun, I'll attempt a video upload, it was pretty funny. Jacob just kind of walked around, picking up snow every now and then. Eventually they both attempted snow angels...after that they were frozen solid and begged to come inside.

No comments: