Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday...

Yesterday I turned a whopping 25 years old! Am I still a youngin'?? It wasn't very eventful, just the usual wakeup, feed baby, change diapers, feed baby, change diapers, play with Tyler...yada yada yada, great fun it is to be a mommy! I did however get my cake decorating supplies out again to make myself a cake. It had been a very long time, and although the cake is pretty aweful looking, I had fun:) It's kind of hard to make a nice cake with a 3 week old and a 2 1/2 old who likes to join in on the kitchen fun. I had Jack pick up some yummy Panera (I LOVE their Chicken Noodle soup!) and Aunt Bekah, Evan and Allison came over for dinner and cake.
Anyway, I got some wonderful gifts from Jack and Tyler! I wanted some mini-muffin pans, so I got those and then I also got an awesome suprise! Diamond hoop earings! Here's a picture of them! Jack is such a great gift buyer, always has been...guess that's how he snatched me up in my first month at BYU! (He showed up with Double Stuff Oreos for me when he picked me up for our first date...he knew the way to my heart.)
Here's my not so beautiful cake...I was too lazy to do more than just the crumb coat...hence all the crumbs in the icing. It was a Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing filling...mmm my favorite!

2 comments:

mylittlegems said...

yes you are a very "young one" but happy birthday!! Can your husband teach my husband about gift buying? (he is getting better in that department-just a slow learner!) oh and btw- we are moving back to Az- and maybe where you use to live :)

Collette and Kevin said...

Happy Birthday Tiff!! The life of a mom does make it hard to have a fun and exciting birthday, doesn't it. Love the earrings!!