Thursday, December 27, 2012

Girls Camp

I have had the amazing oppurtunity to serve in Young Womens at church (the organization at church for the 12-18 year old girls) for 4 years now (in Omaha and here) and have LOVED every second of it! This was the first year I was able to get away from the family and go to part of girl's camp with them! I grew up LOVING girls camp and have so many fond memories of it, we had amazing leaders...and now I appriciate even more the hard work that went into planning it now that I've seen some of the behind the scenes work! We have some great girls in our ward (local congregation), I was glad to go for the last full day and stay the night. They had girls camp at a YMCA camp in Winter Park, CO, and stayed in Yurts. The first half of the day was beautiful...but we had a great view of the storm clouds rolling in....and the second half of the day was cold and wet! We prepared dinner under the bathroom shelter, and everyone had to eat in their yurts! The theme was  "Keep It Real". Each day they were at girls camp they had a color, theme, scripture, and quote that went along with the day. The day I arrived it was Red day, and the theme was "R.ead E.very D.ay...and don't forget to pray" Each yurt was supposed to dress up and then the priesthood men that were there voted who won....the leaders won a few times I heard! This first picture is of us crazy leaders!







1 comment:

Catherine said...

I was wondering what a yurt looked like Out of context I would have guessed it was a drinking gourd made out of a goat stomac skin. Boy was I wrong! Lol...thanks for the picture!