When did we get old enough to have a kid in Elementary school?? Tyler started Kindergarten in the middle of August, I still can't believe it! It was an emotional day for all of us...and when I say all of us I mean me. He was really excited and nervous at the same time. (exactly what he told people when they asked him about starting school) Me on the other hand, well, let's just say I had a few tears when he walked in the school. But I pulled myself together pretty quickly. Before school (he has afternoon K) we let him pick where we would eat lunch, which was "Chicken Donalds" aka. McDonalds. We had a nice family lunch and then took him to school. His face was so worried when he was getting ready to line up to go in school, and then his face was completely different when I picked him up- full of happiness! I am so glad that he has adjusted so well to going to school. He absolutely loves his teacher, Mrs. Turnquist, and has made many friends already- some of his best friends at school are Ethan and Blake. It is November now and he has progressed so much! He has started to read small words here and there and gets so excited when he realizes that he is reading. I can't wait to see the difference of how much progress he has made at the end of the school year!
Showing off his Bakugan backpack
All the kids he goes to church with that were in afternoon Kindergarten as well
Tyler, Blake, Bailey, Annie, and Caleb
(all these kids are actually in the church class below him because he was born in 2005, so he wasn't exactly sure why we were making him take a picture with these kids....but now they are all best of friends!)
Lining up to go inside
Before school
After school

No comments:
Post a Comment