We had a wonderful Independence Day weekend this year! We started it off with a pancake breakfast put together by our church on Saturday. They also invited the children to bring their bicycles decorated, the boys thought it was fun to put flags on their bikes and enjoyed riding them around for the first time outside this year (yes, we keep them in the basement and I let them ride around down there where I can keep the confined and where I stay nice and cool, it's the perfect race track for them down there!)
On the 4th we had some friends over after church for a little celebration dinner. There was so much yummy food that once all of us had eaten (10 adults and 6 eating kids) it didn't even look like we had eaten yet. Once again it was a yucky weather day, pretty close to how it was last year! Rainy, cloudy and cool all day- we were glad we chose something we didn't have to grill. Despite the forecast the rain thankfully stopped in the early evening time so we could play with some fireworks! Sadly everyone ended up leaving before nightfall due to crying babies....it was kind of funny thinking about the fact that everyone left with a baby crying...we were glad we had a break from that this year. I am really sad I didn't get more pictures of all our friends this year, but it was so crazy I kind of forgot to. Thanks all for coming, we had a blast!

Cami and Joseph

Jacob and his buddy Chloe
Taylor and cutie petutie Beckham (I'm pretty sure I just might make this little girl marry him- the baby that is)
It was so much fun watching the fireworks that surround our home. We have an amazing, un-obstructed view of the horizon in front or our house and just like last year, it didn't disappoint on the 4th of July. Every inch of view there were fireworks being shot off. Here in Nebraska people are firework fanatics. In our county, the week before the holiday, big tents pop up EVERYWHERE selling fireworks. We had at least 10 of these tents within 3 minutes of our home. People here love buying the big, show fireworks too. We don't feel like blowing our money like that, but appreciate that people surrounding us do because we don't even need to go watch a show, we just sit on our front porch, or back porch and enjoy them. We can see a professional fireworks show from our house too though! Anyhow, we all had a lot of fun this year! I even played around with the fireworks mode on our camera, and even though they aren't professional pictures, I think I got some pretty cool looking shots!




No comments:
Post a Comment