Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hot Dogs. Burgers. Peanuts. Baseball.

Blue sunny sky, a cool breeze with a hinted scent of grilled hot dogs (and beer), the crunch of peanut shells under your feet, your 3 year old screaming "Strike him out!", and the "Charge!" jingle in the background- Does summer get any better than that?
Jack's company, Raytheon, had a company outing at the Omaha Royals baseball game a few weeks back. We got to hangout with his coworkers at a tailgate party before hand and then enjoyed the game afterwards. We were a little nervous about how Jacob would do at the game but decided to go anyway. At first he just wanted to play on the stairs or chairs and would not sit still (and was driving me crazy), and we were pretty close to leaving at the top of the 2nd inning, but somehow Jack calmed him down and we ended up enjoying 9 innings (the game went to 11 or so innings)! As always, Tyler caught the attention of one of the "Cheer girls" because he was so cute cheering at the top of his lungs with his "#1" finger. She came back a few innings later to give him a baseball because "She remembered he was the #1 fan!" He was so excited! So far from all the games he's been to this season we're getting a nice collection of baseballs, by the time he plays real baseball we won't have to buy any at all! Tyler enjoyed teaching Jacob what to do with the "Charge" jingle went off, after a few times he caught on and would grunt something while pointing his finger in the air, hard to explain...but it was pretty darn cute.

7 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

That Tyler, already impressing the ladies! It's been a good summer and I'm glad we have joined in some of your fun!

Unknown said...

Too cute! You are getting him quite used to getting the attention of the cheerleaders... hmm. what will this mean in HS? :) He is adorable and It sounds like you guys had a blast. We still have not taken our girls to a bball game. I keep think we should, but we never do. I guess maybe because we are not into Bball. That makes a difference. Maybe there is a UFC fight we can take them to. Just kidding. sort of. no really, JK...:)

The Smith Family said...

Cute little Tyler, looks like he had a blast!

Catherine said...

So you finally moved over to the other side....What happened to the music, violin, ballet and theater we brainwashed you with....bball? what are you doing to my cute grandchildren?????I bet Jacob was cute with his grunt tho....wish I had been there!...LOL from grandma

Catherine said...

PS: you need to get a girl!....

Aimee said...

Cute family! You guys look great! We miss seeing you every few months...

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Oops.. I realized that I was signed in as someone else last night when I left a comment. The comment from the Hadas was from the Porters!