For Earth Day this year Jack's company, Raytheon, gave their employees an oppurtunity to get a free tree to plant, so we said sure, why not! We chose to get a Colorado Blue Spruce. That night when Jack got home from work we went and got some things so we could plant it. Tyler thought it was pretty cool to have his own tree to plant (even though he keeps calling it his flower). Here are some pictures! Maybe one day, years from now, I'll have a different post showing how big it is after being planted in our backyard...if it survives our non-green-thumbs and a 3 year old being guardian over it.
3 comments:
hooray for blue spruces! those are the trees we'd always get for Christmas in NY - the needles are sooo prickly, it hurts to put the ornaments on! they don't have blue spruces out here, so I tell Travis all these other trees are just wimpy. :)
I absolutely adore that kid. That is such a fun activity to do with him!
How fun! I may just have to take that idea and plant a tree too! Evan is very into planting things now.
Post a Comment